Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wherever you go...

There you are. I like it here so far. You can't beat my commute (I walk to work), the beach is close by (I can see it from my school), and I never have to do my hair (because it just curls, anyway). Santo Domingo is a lot like any major city in the world. But, instead of hip-hop blasting in the streets, it's reggaeton. Instead of hotdog vendors on the corner, we have various banana/plaintain related options. And I'm still getting used to the traffic here. I generally feel like I am playing a very calculated game of frogger when I cross Churchill (a major road near my apartment) every day. I've gotten pretty good at it, but sometimes the lights go out and the traffic is rerouted, making my strategy useless.

I can't complain, though. I live on an island. ;-)

1 comment: