Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy Feet.


I do realize that one must prioritize when it comes to sustainable development. Water is, of course, the first step. I am hoping the second is internet speed.

No, I am not trying to download music from iTunes, nor am I obsessively checking the Dow Jones Index online. I am wishing desperately that you were with me yesterday on the Rwandese hill that both broke and filled my heart. The next best thing to you being there would be uploaded footage of Phillip, our hygiene trainer showing a three year old boy that he can wash his dirt caked feet in the clean water Living Water International has drilled in his village. Eric (say it with an east African accent, it sounds cooler) told us in Kinyarwanda that the water from the pump does not hurt his belly the way the river water did.

I'll show you one day, when I'm not limited by my connection speed. But until then, I hope you can close your eyes and see it - hope. Hope for a little boy on a hill, whose parents have never had clean water, who will never know anything but.

Support me.
www.waterkate.com
Living Water International.

No comments:

Post a Comment